Contact Lucy at VAWA 464-0078/0079 for more details!!
OCTOBER 10TH @ 9AM
Call VAWA at 464-0078/0079 for details!!
As of September 18, 2020:
For more info call the ICWA Case Manager at (575) 464-4334!
Information provided by Dr. Tran of Mescalero IHS:
Call Mescalero IHS 464-4441 for more information.
We are a locally operated program that equips, trains and licenses for foster parents from Mescalero, Otero and Lincoln Counties to Foster children and youth from the Mescalero Apache Reservation.
Do you have the desire and the ability to provide a safe and stable environment to a child in need of foster care?
If so, these are the steps;
- Application- Call, email, or come by our office and get an application. Fill it out and get it back to us as soon as possible.
- We will conduct an orientation with you, explaining the process and what foster care entails.
- Finger Prints and background checks, we are required to have all foster parents complete the finger printing process and sign a release of information for background checks.
- Home Study- This is a detailed document that covers your history, your upbringing, your motivation to parent, your relationships, your home, and other information pertaining to your background and lifestyle.
- Training. All prospective parents are required to participate in the parent training. This usually starts during the Home Study process. The training is geared to give foster parents resources, tools and behavior management skills for parenting a foster child/children.
- License. Once you have completed the requirements of becoming a foster parent you will be officially licensed.
Alta M. Branham, Foster Care Case Manager
Mescalero Foster Care Office located at the
241 School Circle Dr.
Mescalero, New Mexico
Students have the option of earning their New Mexico hunter education certification completely online in addition to the offered instructor-led hunter education courses. The online course options are for New Mexico residents 11 years of age or older. Courses are entirely online and the certification is recognized in all 50 states. All online course options are provided through a department-approved, outside vendor. Online students are required to pass all chapter quizzes and a final exam to earn their New Mexico hunter education number.
Please choose an online course from the choices of independent vendors listed below. Fees differ, based on individual vendor pricing. Carefully read and understand the terms, prior to completing the course you select.
- www.hunter-ed.com/newmexico (A fee is required.)
The department will continue to offer in-person hunter education courses for those who do not qualify for the online course or for those who would prefer to take an in-person, instructor-led course. See our course schedule for upcoming dates.
UNFORTUNATELY DUE TO COVID 19 RESTRICTIONS, ALL HUNTERS SAFETY WILL ONLY BE ONLINE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!
We will accept the online courses from either site.
Conservation Officers Jacob Mendez, Ruben Peralta, and Ryan Martinez are the certified instructors for the Department and can be reached at 575-464-9323 for more questions.