For July 2, 2018 Dividend
Checks will be distributed on the following schedule:
Monday, July 2, 2018
Mescalero Community Center – Gymnasium
9:00 am – 5:30 pm
NOTE: Children’s Court, Power of Attorney, Guardianship & Court Holds will be distributed in the South Hall.
Monday, July 9, 2018
Mescalero Community Center – South Hall
9:00 am – 12:00 pm
12:30 pm – 4:00 pm
Check mailing information:
- **NOTE: due to the Annual Ceremonial, checks will not be mailed until Monday, July 9, 2018.
- Checks will be mailed Monday, July 9, 2018 at 2:00 pm
- Checks will be mailed to out of town residents only
- if you reside in Mescalero, Ruidoso, Tularosa or Alamogordo (locals) and would like your check mailed, please notify the Finance Department no later than Friday, May 11, 2018 by 3:00 pm
- If you are an out of town resident and do not want your check mailed, please notify Finance no later than Monday, July 9 by 10:00 am
- Please have all address changes to Crystal Lester, Tribal Executive Secretary no later than Monday, July 3, 2018 by 1:00 pm
- All address changes will need to be made with Crystal Lester
- Once the checks are placed in the mail, they become property of the US Postal service- we cannot go back and request for a check to be pulled or recovered
- All returned checks will go directly to Tribal Finance
- Please call Crystal Lester with any address changes
- Tribal Finance will then contact Crystal Lester for an updated address
- If an updated address is not received, the check will remain in Tribal Finance until a new address has been received
- Once Tribal Finance receives the updated address, the check will be mailed out the next business day
- If you lose a check or it is stolen, you will need to notify the Tribal Finance Department
- A request to place a stop payment will need to be completed. There is a $35 stop payment fee
- The stop payment takes approximately 3 business days
- Once the stop payment has been approved, it will be re-issued the next business day
Things to remember:
- Notes are accepted only with the approval of the President or Vice-President
- Please have an ID available, as the individuals distributing dividend may not know you, and will need to verify your identity
- If you are under the influence, your check will not be distributed to you
- Early check releases are not allowed
Thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding.
June 15, 2018 at 9:30 a.m.
Jurisdiction: Bureau of Indian Affairs, Mescalero Apache Reservation
Date/Time Detected: 6/7/2018 3:00 pm
Location: Soldier Canyon. 1 Mile North of the town of Mescalero
Firefighting Resources: 271 Personnel total. 5 Type-1 Hotshot Crews, 2 Type-2 Hand Crew, 2 Camp Crews, 1 Type-1 Helicopter, 1 Type-2 Helicopter, 1 Type-3 Helicopter. Fixed-wing aircraft as needed.
Incident Commander: Travis Pfister, Ken Roberts (trainee)
Fuel Type: Ponderosa Pine, Mixed Conifer, Pinon Juniper
Size: Approx. 1,270 Acres
Containment: 95% Cause:
Human-caused, under investigation.
Closures: An official closure order for the fire area remains in place to protect public safety.
The Soldier Canyon Fire received little rain yesterday. Crews completed putting sand bags and cement barriers in place around homes as a precaution against possible flooding. Hurricane Bud has weakened as it is progressing north. Clear skies today are expected to give way to thunderstorms this afternoon and evening. The greatest chance of wetting rains associated with this storm is predicted for Saturday morning.
A Burned Area Emergency Response (BAER) Team, resource advisors, and a Flood Response Group consisting of Tribal Representatives and crews are coordinating their efforts to protect the residents of Soldier Canyon and cultural values at risk. Crews are filling additional sand bags to be pre-positioned in the event flooding occurs.
Residents living on the north side of Highway 70 are advised to prepare for possible evacuations in the event flooding becomes imminent. Residents are advised to stay closely informed as this weather pattern develops.
This will be the final information update for the Soldier Canyon Fire. Fire managers and Tribal representatives will issue additional announcements if the situation changes, and the fire will be placed in monitor status.
To keep informed about regional and local fire information please visit: https://www.nmfireinfo.com
Tips for flood preparation can be found at https://www.ready.gov/floods.