Surrounding fire restrictions:
For May 11, 2018 dividend
Checks will be distributed on the following schedule:
Friday, May 11, 2018
Mescalero Community Center – Gymnasium
9:00 am – 5:30 pm
NOTE: Children’s Court, Power of Attorney, Guardianship & Court Holds will be distributed in the South Hall.
Monday, May 14, 2018
Mescalero Community Center – South Hall
9:00 am – 12:00 pm
12:30 pm – 4:00 pm
Check mailing information:
- Checks will be mailed Monday, May 14, 2018 at 2:00 pm
- Checks will be mailed to out of town residents only
- If you reside in Mescalero, Ruidoso, Tularosa or Alamogordo (locals) and would like your check mailed, please notify the Finance Department no later than Friday, May 11, 2018 by 3:00 pm
- If you are an out of town resident and do not want your check mailed, please notify Finance no later than May 11, 2018 by 3:00 pm
- Please have all address changes to Crystal Lester, Tribal Executive Secretary no later than Friday, May 4, 2018 by 1:00 pm
- All address changes will need to be made with Crystal Lester
- Once the checks are placed in the mail, they become property of the US Postal service- we cannot go back and request for a check to be pulled or recovered
- All returned checks will go directly to Tribal Finance
- Please call Crystal Lester with any address changes
- Tribal Finance will then contact Crystal Lester for an updated address
- If an updated address is not received, the check will remain in Tribal Finance until a new address has been received
- Once Tribal Finance receives the updated address, the check will be mailed out the next business day
- If you lose a check or it is stolen, you will need to notify the Tribal Finance Department
- A request to place a stop payment will need to be completed. There is a $35 stop payment fee
- The stop payment takes approximately 3 business days
- Once the stop payment has been approved, it will be re-issued the next business day
Things to remember:
- Notes are accepted only with the approval of the President or Vice-President
- Please have an ID available, as the individuals distributing dividend may not know you, and will need to verify your identity
- If you are under the influence, your check will not be distributed to you
- Early check releases are not allowed
Thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding.
BIA/OJS Mescalero Agency wants to remind Mescalero residents, employees, and visitors that if Emergency Services are needed, please call 911 or if it is a non-emergency call 575-464-4479. Post this number on your refrigerator or save it in your cell phone.
If you need an ambulance, fire truck, law enforcement or conservation services call right away. ANY of these Mescalero employees (Police, Fire/Rescue, and Conservation) are dispatched from on-duty Communications Officers that have protocol and procedures to follow in getting other on-duty employees to respond.
If you do not call right away, the response time will only be delayed and as we all know, in emergency circumstances, seconds count. Lastly, I’d like to request that if/when residents see something suspicious, please call it in. If you see something, say something (report it).
Chief of Police James Vepley
BIA OJS Mescalero AgencyShare on Facebook
The Mescalero Apache Tribe has received funding through the Economic Development Administration to create an economic development strategic plan. We would like to get feedback from community members to help guide this process. Below is a link to the community survey, which asks questions regarding current businesses of the Tribe, the types of new business you would like to see in Mescalero, and how we can promote or support individual Tribal member businesses. The survey is not very long, with only 15 questions. If you would like to provide input into this process, please take a few minutes out of your busy day, and complete the survey. Please feel free to forward this link to your friends and family.
If you do not like using the internet version of the survey, there is also a paper copy. If you fill out the paper copy, please put it in an envelope and return it to the Division of Resource Management and Protection, ATTN Thora Padilla. You do not have to put your name on the survey.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call Thora Padilla at 464-4711.