PO Box 300, Mescalero, NM 88340
Phone: (575) 464-2577/2578
Fax: (575) 464-2599
Hello from the Mescalero Apache Tribal Child Support Office. Just a reminder that current child support orders are still in place and are accruing arrears balances due to non-payment of child support. With the upcoming Stimulus payment the Tribe is receiving, this would be an perfect opportunity to become current with your child support obligations. Please call the MATCSEO office at (575) 464-2577 to arrange a payment, or feel free to mail in a money order to P.O. Box 300, Mescalero, NM 88340. MATCSEO is reminding you to please be safe, wear your masks, and also to take this opportunity to be with family during these trying times.
Thank You and God Bless You All
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, some services and hours may be limited. Click here to view the Tribal Child Support Enforcement Office latest update.
Also, if an NCP needs to make a child support payment call the office at 575-464-2577 and the staff will make arrangements for you to visit their office.
“Enhancing the children’s lives of the Mescalero Apache Tribe by the establishment of paternity, the enforcement of child support instruments and the creating of a proactive environment through positive partnerships with all parties involved”
The Federal Office of Child Support Enforcement administrated by the Administration for Children and Families 45 CFR Part 309, this program policies and procedures have been developed by the Mescalero Apache Tribe Child Support Enforcement Office (MATCSEO) and has been approved by the Mescalero Apache Tribal Council in accordance with Art. XI Sec. 1 of the Tribal Constitution and Chapter 3 Sec. 8 of the Tribal Code to ensure and implement fair efficient guidelines for child support enforcement.
The Child Support Enforcement Office was established as an advocate for children who need a voice. It was established with support from the Mescalero Apache Tribe and its Tribal Council, who took a stand that each child has the right to, deserves and will receive proper care from their parents and that each parent is responsible for the care and maintenance of their biological children.
ELIGIBILITY FOR SERVICES
The MATCSEO will provide services to all individuals who reside within the boundaries of the Mescalero Apache Tribe who complete an application and provide all necessary information.
Individuals, who do not reside on the Mescalero Apache Reservation, can be eligible for services if:
- Either biological parent lives on the Mescalero Apache Reservation
- The children for who services are sought are members of the Mescalero Apache Tribe regardless of where the child lives
The MATCSEO provides the following services:
1. Location of absent parent (NCP)
2. Establishment of Paternity
3. Establishment of Child Support Obligation
4. Supervised mediation between parents
5. Collection and Distribution of child support payments
6. Enforcement of child support obligation
7. Modifications of child support obligation
8. Payment History
Our Mescalero Apache Tribe Child Support Enforcement Office Does Not provide these services:
- Child Custody
- Child Visitation
- Spousal Support
Information needed to complete the application process when applying at MATCSEO
- Current Income sources from the past six months (last three current paycheck stubs)
- Income Tax Returns from the last two years
- Copies of Birth Certificates (Child/Children and also from the CP & NCP)
- Certification of Indian Blood (Child/Children and also from CP & NCP)
- Social Security Cards (Copies of child/children and also from the CP & NCP)
- Copy of Current Driver’s License or Identification Card
- A notarized financial affidavit
Click here for the MATCSEO Application
The program is offered for the benefit of the children
CHILDREN COME FIRST!!