Group Mission Camps
The Mescalero Apache Housing Department (MATHD) regrets to inform tribal members that the Group Mission Camps are not able to provide community services for our tribal communities this year due to the COVID-19 pandemic.Read more
Additionally, we apologize to all applicants who were previously approved for community services last year but were not provided such assistance.
Currently, the MATHD has not received any confirmation from the Group Mission Camps on any future visits or what the new process will be regarding minor home repairs under this program.
Our department will continue to advocate for such services and we will keep tribal communities informed of any services that becomes available under this program.
We ask for your patience and understanding.
If you have questions regarding this notification, please contact our office at (575) 464-9235. Thank you
Habitat for Humanity Programs
The Mescalero Apache Housing Department coordinates and collaborates with the Habitat for Humanity on special projects for private homeowners.
Application drives are now being accepted to provide minor home repair assistance for eligible individuals and elderly who meet program guidelines.
Another program called, “Aging in Place” provides special accommodations for individuals with physical challenges, such as installation of ramps.
All applications must be filled out correctly and completely along with the supporting documentation for consideration of assistance for assistance.Read more
In some cases, an applicant must provide income verification and household size for qualification purposes.
Habitat for Humanity’s vision is to help families have a decent place to live.
Our department continues to collaboration with other organizations to provide additional assistance to community and tribal members who otherwise wouldn’t qualify under the Indian Housing Block Grant.
Please keep in mind, these programs are processed on a first come basis.
Therefore, we kindly stress that each applicant thorough read and complete the application with the request information.
For further information regarding home repair assistance, please contact our office at (575) 464-9235 or call the Habitat for Humanity at (575) 437-6562. Thank you.
504 Repair/Rehabilitation Loan/Grant
With Rural Housing Services
- Repair a roof
- Add insulation
- Replace Doors and Windows
- Repair bathroom
- Repair heating and electricity
- Repair well or septic
- Make accessible for wheelchair
- Repair a mobile home unless it is on a permanent foundation
Complete the Loan Application, Budget and/or Financial Statement & Authorization to Release Information,
Provide verification of your home ownership
Provide a check stub or Benefit Letter
Provide a copy of a photo ID
Applications will be taken till all the funds are out. You can come by to pick up applications at the Mescalero Apache Tribe Housing Department Office. If you have any question please feel free to stop by the office or give us a call @ 575-464-9238.
SPECIAL NEEDS ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
Partnered with 1st National Bank of Alamogordo, NM
Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas
Applications will be accepted thru Nov 1st 2019- December 5th 2019
Updated information will be required for existing applications
SNAP Program will provide $6,000 funds toward rehabilitation towards your home.
- Funding is available once a year for privately owned homeowners
- Applicants are considered on a first-come, first-served basis
- Eligibility depends on income; it is specifically for lower income families. (below 80% median income)
- Preferably Special Needs & Elderly
Stop by the Mescalero Apache Tribe Housing Department for an application and for more information.* all applicants are not guaranteed funds.
Proof of disability, if applicable. We need a doctor’s letter stating you are disabled or the printout from SSI stating you are a disabled individual or a court decision stating you are disabled.
All members 18 years of age and over must sign the application.
Proof of home ownership. (Copies of Warranty Deed, Real Estate Contract, Title/Registration if dwelling is a Mobile Home or Bill of Sale.
Copies of Social Security cards and birthdates must be provided for all Household Members.
Copies of picture ID for everyone over the age of 18.
Proof of income
575-464-9238 – Rachel Kakazu, MATHD
575-437-4880 – Brian Smiset, FNBA, Alamogordo
Website information: https://www.fhlb.com/community/Pages/Special-Needs-Assistance-Program.aspx
The Weatherization Assistance Program is funded primarily by the Department of Energy and the State of New Mexico. Funds may also be provided by the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). The New Mexico Mortgage Finance Authority (MFA) is the state’s administrative agency for WAP.
Our program DOES NOT do major home repairs including; plumbing, electrical, roof damage, storm windows, and mobile home skirting. This program is for minor repairs to help the client conserve energy, for example:
* Window repair and glass replacement
* Repair or replacement of exterior doors
* Check all gas fired appliances for safety
When funding allows and it is necessary, we can do repair or replacement on heaters and hot water- heaters.
PLEASE SEND IN ALL 7 ITEMS LISTED BELOW ALONG WITH YOUR APPLICATION:
CLICK HERE FOR THE APPLICATION FOR HOME WEATHERIZATION
- Proof of Income. We need a copy of ALL current income for the month for the entire household. For Social Security/SSI Pension or Unemployment, we need the current Benefit Award Letter.
- Copies of your most recent Gas and Electric bills (Please include meter readings).
- Proof of disability, if applicable. We need a doctor’s letter stating you are disabled or the printout from SSI stating you are a disabled individual or a court decision stating you are disabled.
- All members 18 years of age and over must sign the application.
- Proof of home ownership. (Copies of Warranty Deed, Real Estate Contract, Title/Registration if dwelling is a Mobile Home or Bill of Sale.
- Copies of Social Security cards and birthdates must be provided for all Household Members.
- Copies of picture ID for everyone over the age of 18.
We must have ALL of the above information for your application to be processed!! Send copies only, do not send originals!!! Materials will not be returned!!
Send your completed application and above information to:
Southwestern Regional Housing Community and Development Corp.
Attn: Weatherization Program
2480 Lakeside Dr. Suite C
Las Cruces, NM 88007
You may also bring it by our office located at 2480 Lakeside Dr. Suite C, Las Cruces, NM 88007. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact Patricia Charles at 575-523-1639.
Mescalero Apache Tribe Housing Dept. 575-464-9238