The CCDF Program offers financial assistance with childcare to qualified Native American families of a federally recognized tribe. The program is open to:
• College students
• Families at risk of TANF
• Foster care
•High school students
• Protective custody cases
• Single parent families
• Special needs children
• Working parents
Keep in mind that the completed application will need to be submitted to the CCDF Monitor at the Mescalero Child Development Center. Applications for the program can be picked up at the Mescalero & Carrizo Child Development Centers. We have also expanded our services to the IMGR&C Team Member Child Care Center. We exempt families that live in a multiple family home. We understand the demand and lack of housing in Mescalero. Ages for childcare assistance are six (6) weeks through twelve (12) years of age at the Mescalero Child Development Center and the IMGR&C Team Member Child Care Center. However, at the Carrizo Child Development Center, ages for childcare assistance are six (6) weeks through five (5) years of age.
CCDF application need to be signed and completed by applicant(s) along with a copy of ALL requested information listed, in order for the application to be considered. Incomplete applications will results in delays.
- A recent copy of pay stubs, within the last 4-6 weeks, for all immediate household members or an employment verification letter. Verification should state start of employment, hourly wages, weekly hours, start and end time of daily hours, and how often you are paid. You may be asked for a work schedule.
- Upon request the CCDF Monitor can submit Employment Verification on your behalf.
- A copy of ALL immediate household members social security cards.
- A copy of your child(ren)’s Birth Certificate or Baptismal Record, only for the child(ren)’s you are requesting childcare services for.
- You will need to provide a copy of your child(ren)’s updated immunization (shot) record for the child(ren) you are requesting childcare services for.
- A copy of class registration documents and class schedule if parents/guardians are attending school.
- For foster care or protective custody cases, you will need to submit a copy of documentation and it must state foster care or protective custody.
- A copy of Certificate of Indian Blood (C.I.B.) must be submitted for all immediate family members.
- A copy of any other documentation that you may feel will help us consider your child(ren)’s eligibility.
All childcare must take place on the Mescalero Apache Reservation as started in the Federal Register 98.81 (2) and 98.83 (D). Childcare services must coincide with parent/guardian’s hours of employment, school, and/or training. You also must be in compliance with CCDF Program rules and regulations to qualify for services (will be explained at orientation). The CCDF program does not compensate for back pay, any services provided prior to approval is the parent/guardian’s responsibility.
We know that it seems the program is asking for a lot of information, but if it can benefit your family, the extra effort will be worth it. Should you decide to enroll in the program and qualify, you will be contacted to schedule an appointment for an orientation with more in-depth explanation.
Walk-ins are Welcome
If you have more questions, please do not hesitate to call and ask for the CCDF Monitor or the MCDC Coordinator/MCDC Director at (575) 464-9224, Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The CCDF Program is for financial assistance only.
For child care enrollment and availability information please contact the Mescalero Child Development Center at (575) 464-9224. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
For child care enrollment and availability information please contact the Carrizo Child Development Center at (575) 464-3000. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
For child care enrollment, availability information and hours of operation please contact the IMGR&C-TMCC at (575) 464-7600.