We are a locally operated program that equips, trains and licenses for foster parents from Mescalero, Otero and Lincoln Counties to Foster children and youth from the Mescalero Apache Reservation.
Do you have the desire and the ability to provide a safe and stable environment to a child in need of foster care?
If so, these are the steps;
- Application- Call, email, or come by our office and get an application. Fill it out and get it back to us as soon as possible.
- We will conduct an orientation with you, explaining the process and what foster care entails.
- Finger Prints and background checks, we are required to have all foster parents complete the finger printing process and sign a release of information for background checks.
- Home Study- This is a detailed document that covers your history, your upbringing, your motivation to parent, your relationships, your home, and other information pertaining to your background and lifestyle.
- Training. All prospective parents are required to participate in the parent training. This usually starts during the Home Study process. The training is geared to give foster parents resources, tools and behavior management skills for parenting a foster child/children.
- License. Once you have completed the requirements of becoming a foster parent you will be officially licensed.
Alta M. Branham, Foster Care Case Manager
Mescalero Foster Care Office located at the
241 School Circle Dr.
Mescalero, New Mexico