November 6, 2020
Mescalero Tribal Court
As part of the Mescalero Tribal Court’s continued efforts to slow the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus, the Tribal Court has implemented a number of public health measures in an effort to reduce the risk of transmission of the virus and provide the greatest protection possible to those who work at and have business in our Court.
Pursuant to Executive Order 20-14 and the two-week lockdown of the Mescalero Reservation, the Tribal Court will be closed beginning Monday, November 9, 2020 at 4:00pm and will re-open on Monday, November 23 at 9:00am.
The Court will reschedule any civil matter and any criminal matter currently scheduled for the period covered by the lockdown order, and will provide the dates and times of such rescheduled hearings at a later date.
- No new civil or criminal cases will be heard until November 23, 2020 or later.
- Jury Trials are suspended until November 23, 2020 or later.
- Pretrial cases – No court appearances will be made during the lockdown period.
- No Service of Process Service will occur during the lockdown period.
- All Tribal Court Customers who are on probation must CALL-IN at 575-464-0414 (ext. #111 or #112) on Tuesday and Thursday, *Please leave your Name, Date and Time you called.
Due to the lockdown and the closure of the Tribal Court, any individual incarcerated during the period November 6, 2020 through November 23, 2020, regardless of the location of the prison, jail or detention center, shall, at a minimum, remain incarcerated during that period as the Tribal Court shall not hear any arraignments, pre-trial hearings or any matters, civil or criminal, until November 23 or later date.
For Emergency, please contact
BIA Police at 575-464-4479