OPENING DATE: May 18, 2017
CLOSING DATE: May 26, 2017
DEPARTMENT: Fish Hatchery
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Part-time
Performs maintenance, grounds keeping and care of the hatchery and fish.
This position description may not include all of the listed duties, nor do all of the listed examples include all tasks which may be found or assigned to this position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in maintaining and operating fish hatchery.
- Assists in cleaning of raceways, inside tanks and springs
- Assists in daily scheduled feeding of fish.
- Grades, weigh and measures fish in rearing containers.
- Assists in loading and delivering fish to local lakes and streams.
- Assists in giving tours to individuals, small and large groups.
- Will perform landscaping duties (i.e., weed removal, watering trees)
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Must be currently in High School or have a High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Must have an interest in Natural Resources
- Must be at least 16 years old.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to handle getting in to the water with the fish.
- Must be able to use small hand tools or be willing to learn the proper use of small hand tools.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in verbal or written format
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to stand; walk; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to climb or balance; and smell.
Work is generally performed in a hatchery environment with moderate noise and outdoors. Exposure to natural weather conditions and various dusts and mists may occur while performing outdoor duties. Standing and walking may be on uneven surfaces, slippery or unstable ground. Situations where safety goggles, gloves, protective face shields, ear plugs or hardhats are needed may occur. Travel within the reservation area is required. Travel outside the reservation may be necessary.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit OF612 application to MAT Human Resources. Myra La Paz 575-464-9273.
Post expires at 4:30pm on Friday May 26th, 2017